Monday, May 11, 2009

Isn't It Ironic

I had one simple goal to accomplish this evening. It wasn't hard and would only take about 15 minutes from the time I left my house until the time I returned. This goal was to pick up a card at the store that would be used to brighten a particular individual's day tomorrow. A pretty mundane process right?

After a few minutes of browsing I chose a card that contained these words on the front, "An act of kindness is long remembered." Now I always place my card upside down and partially shoved underneath the envelope tongue so that all that is showing is the barcode on the back of the card to make it quick and easy for the cashier to scan. My total came to $1.06 and of course I never carry change on me so I presented the cashier with two $1 dollar bills. He smiled and said very gleefully, "Just $1 is fine. Somebody left some change here earlier so you're good."

I find it ironic that here I am taking a few minutes out of my day to eventually make someone else's life a little happier and yet I am the recipient of an act of kindness :) That just made my day!

By the way, I'm including a Tag 10 with my card tomorrow to keep the generosity going. Have a great day everyone!


1 comments:

Alley Cat said...

Kudos. But I don't think it has much to do with irony so much as karma. I've got to believe that... the world has been too good to me or worked out just perfectly when I need it the most- thanks to people like you. XO
Alice