Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sticks and Stones

You Suck!! As the saying goes... Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me. This may be true for many people but it's all a matter of how you react to each situation put before you. If you're Bill Clinton then words seem to do a lot of damage as we've seen him lash out with that magnificent 5 year old temper of his time after time. Although I do have to give politicians as a whole the benefit of the doubt for putting themselves in the public eye. It certainly can't be easy to put yourself in a position where you know for a fact that the media is going to pick you apart and find every minuscule error that you've ever made in your life.

As far as my outlook on harsh words goes I prefer to remain as positive as possible. I think a lot of how an individual reacts to negative situations in life is directly related to their self esteem and independence or lack there of. Of course it's easy for me to sit here and say suck it up and feel good about yourself when I'm not the one receiving a tongue lashing. I'm usually the one on the other end giving the tongue lashing. I know that's one of my weaknesses since I'm a perfectionist. But you can come out ahead if you take those rough words that somebody else is dishing out to you and use it to your advantage. Obviously they wouldn't have put you down if you didn't have some sort of weakness that you could work on to improve. But then again there are some people who are just complete assholes and bitches. They can just suck my ars! But for everyone else who I ever get flack from in life I choose to turn that around and make myself a better person because of it. And you can too if you have the right mindset :)

0 comments: